Wednesday, July 27, 2011

YAY!

It's an exciting morning here! Yesterday afternoon we finally found a pacifier that Sam will take. We had considered not bothering with one, but he is so incredibly soothed by sucking on anything and everything. So finally FINALLY we found one that he'll take (MAM) and he loves it! The plan right now is to just use it for naps, or when he's super fussy in the car (which ends up being a nap anyway) WELL normally after Sam's first morning feeding, we play a little in bed, then he will play by himself in his crib while I eat breakfast til he gets fussy, and then I rock him until he's asleep for his first nap of the day. At night he goes right to sleep, but during the day he tends to fight his naptime. Today I gave him the pacifier, wrapped him in a blanket and rocked him for a few minutes. He was drowsy, but not asleep. I laid him in the pack n play and his little eyes popped open, but he wasn't fussy. So I left him there, and went to sit on the couch. Just a few minutes later I went to peek at him, and he was fast asleep! All by himself! I'm so proud of him! And it's so much better than him fussing and squirming while I hold him until he finally succumbs to a nap. YAY! That was a good 40 minutes ago and I'm hearing him move around now, I'm going to go get my little champion sleeper and feed him :) It's a good morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment