Monday, July 11, 2011

Mommyhood :)








I always knew I wanted to be a mom. When my brother Billy was born, a family friend was filming the time while my mom was in labor, the birth, and after he came out. At one point, she's filming my brother Andrew and I sitting on the porch before going to the birth center. She asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. I was sitting there holding a swaddled baby doll and said, "A mommy." I always knew it was what I wanted and I always knew I would love it, and would love my future babies. But I never imagined I would love it all THIS much! Yes I'm tired, and yes it's been a pretty big lifestyle change for us, but even on a day where I'm completely exhausted I love every single minute of being a mommy!!

Our first few days at home James, Sam, and I did a whole lot of sitting around watching tv and movies. It was so nice to have a chance to bond as a family :) We were in a bit of a sleep deprived haze most of the time, but it wasn't too bad considering we mostly just laid on the couch in sweats in between diaper changes and feeding Sam. Once our visitors were all gone, and James had to go back to work, I had to do a little adjusting. There was at least one day where James came home to work to find me still in pjs, messy hair, sitting in the glider with Sam, ready to order take-out for dinner. But I'm happy to say that I've developed some sort of routine now :) My days go by so quickily (When you break a day up into 2-3 hour chunks for eating times, it really makes time fly!) but Sam and I have so much fun :) Usually after he eats we have some playtime, and every day he seems to notice more and more things. I'm loving watching him grow and learn each day. Sometimes I swear I can see him growing right before my eyes!! He was only able to wear newborn outfits for about 2 weeks, he's in 0-3 month outfits now

No comments:

Post a Comment