Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wedding Bells Getting Close...

So on Saturday, I'll be marrying my husband (again). I left North Carolina this past Saturday and I'm spending the week at my parents house, since that's where the wedding is going to be held. Its nice because since we're already married, its like a lot of the pressure is off, and its hopefully just going to be a really great party with our families and really close friends. James will drive up here on Friday for the rehearsal. He's home alone in NC now.

Its so strange being apart this time. Its not like we've never been apart. But we had just started to settle into our husband-wife routine in our apartment, and now we're apart and its so strange. I'm guessing its probably a good sing that I'm feeling homesick for our little place. I guess that means that we're really settled. As soon as I got on the train this past Saturday to go to my parent's house, I immediately felt homesick. And then as the train drove through Quantico and a bunch of Marines got on board, I felt close to tears. I miss my husband. I miss my daily routine. I even mess picking up after him. I miss our evening routine of dinner, tv, talking, reading after he gets home from work. I just miss it. It is nice to be home with the family, its just the first time I've left my husband behind in our home. Maybe the reason this feels so strange is that I'm always the one being left behind, and this time I was the one doing the leaving. Hmmm... that's an interesting thought...

On a less melancholy note, my best friend from forever is coming home tomorrow to help get ready for the wedding. She's my maid of honor. We've been friends since we first danced together back when I was 10. We talk all the time, but lately we've only been seeing each other for 1 day once a year (if that). So I can't WAIT for her to be here tomorrow :) She's going to come over in the evening and then on Thursday she'll be here helping us cook (my mother is the caterer for this wedding... are we crazy? Yes probably, but I'll let you know how it goes) and then we'll go out to dinner and have a sleepover, like old times :) Its going to be a blast!

For now I just have to keep plugging away at my To-Do list, lots to do before Saturday, and hope that the next few days go by quickly. I can't wait to see my husband. And I can't wait to marry him again in front of all our family and friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment