Friday, January 14, 2011

Long time!


I slacked a bit on my posts didn't I? That's an understatement... hehe Let's see if I can do a recap of the past 6 months...

Before I pick up where I left off (the wedding) 1 bit of exciting news first! We're expecting our first baby!! I'm exactly 20 weeks pregnant today (halfway there!) We found out last week that we're having a little boy :) Due June 3rd! So incredibly happy! But more about the baby later... let's start with the wedding...

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. A perfect AMAZING day! (Just a recap... We married officially in a courthouse on May 28th in order to get all the military paperwork taken care of. In August we had a ceremony and reception at my parents house in order to celebrate our marriage with family and friends) The week leading up to the wedding was crazy busy with crafts and cooking, it was definitely a DIY wedding :) When the big day finally came it was everything I could have hoped for and more. We saw a lot of friends and family who we hadn't seen in a long time. The food ended up being absolutely perfect (although I only know this from other people's comments and from eating leftovers the next day. I didn't get a chance to eat much on the actual day. And I had always said that I never understood brides who don't eat at their weddings, but there I was... too busy making the rounds and being way too excited to eat!) Here's a few pictures from our beautiful amazing wedding :)








So thankful for such an amazing day :)

After our wedding we spent some time at the beach which was lovely and relaxing and then we settled back into our normal routine. In the beginning of September I had a feeling that I just MIGHT be pregnant so I asked James to grab a few tests on his way home from work. I took a test the following morning when his alarm went off for work (at 0400... it was still dark. hahaha) and sure enough... it was positive! We were both ecstatically excited! Shortly thereafter I was struck down with 'morning' sickness (YEAH RIGHT... morning sickness is a ridiculous term. I felt nauseous 24/7) That finally starting lifting sometime around Thanksgiving as we started to gear up for James's deployment to South America, and for Christmas at home with our families.

James finished his reenlistment package and we were officially signed up for 4 more years. He was slated to deploy with his current unit to South America in January. Luckily it was a training mission-type of deployment. Military to Military training. Sharing info with the military down in South America. A short and safe deployment. The best kind! If he has to be away at least its short and at least its safe. Luckily our Dr. let us do our 20wk anatomy scan a week early and so James was able to be there for the ultrasound and we found out that its a boy! His name is going to be Samuel James.



That's little Sam's picture at 11wks. :) I started feeling him moving around in my belly around Christmas time, but I was sad because I figured it would be a while before those little flutters would be felt from the outside. So I thought it would be a long time before James got a chance to feel his son kicking away. WELL! One night I was reading in bed and James was watching tv in the living room and Sam was kicking away! So I had James come in and rest his hand on my belly. Sure enough! Within a couple minutes he felt some movement!! He then tapped my belly with his finger and said "Thank you for kicking for me little man. High five." And Sam 'high fived' right back! It brought tears to my eyes :)

James just left for South America and I'm taking it kind of hard. I won't harp on it too much right now because I know its always tougher for me in the beginning so I know I'll feel better soon. (plus this post is already super long) I just hope I can find plenty of things to keep me extremely busy so that the time goes as fast as possible. Can't wait to be back in his arms!

I think that's about it. Covers the big things that have happened in the past 6 months anyway :) Hopefully now I'll be able to go back to posting regularly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment