Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Field

So James left for the field this morning. Short trip though. Should be back tomorrow. He was saying last night that for so long they've just been sitting around doing nothing and now that he's married, BOOM... they're in the field all summer. Its true. But like I said, this one's not so bad. Just one night alone.

Small update on the 2nd bedroom. I went through a couple piles of papers and filed them all away. Progress. Very small progress. But still, progress.

So on Saturday I'm hopping on the train and going home to see my family and to help get ready for our wedding ceremony that we're holding at my parents house next weekend. We got married in a courthouse in May so that we could get all our paperwork taken care of. BAH and my military ID and all of that. But now we're going to have our 'real' wedding at my parents house with all of our family members and a few friends. I'm excited :) Both to see my parents and brothers, and also for the wedding. It's going to be super super low key. Pretty much just a big family picnic. But its going to be so much fun and I can't wait :) After that James took a whole bunch of leave and we're going to hang out at home for a little while, and then go to the beach for 5 days. I'm going to start planning our beach menu sometime this week. Growing up my mom made a lot of lists, and we had written weekly menus on the fridge. And whenever we went on vacation, well that menu planning was pretty intense. And you know what they say, like mother like daughter :) I'm lucky to have such a good role model!

So my week is mainly going to be made up of list making. Packing lists for me. A list of things I'll need James to bring up when he comes for the wedding. Last minute wedding planning to-do lists. And packing lists and menus for our beach honeymoon. Good thing I love lists!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part about lists is when you can check things off. It's pretty fun! Your wedding sounds so wonderful :) Sometimes small and simple things can bring more memories than anything large or brandish. :)

    ReplyDelete