Monday, August 2, 2010

The 2nd Bedroom

So our apartment has 2 bedrooms. When we got it we thought, "Oh that will be nice. We'll put this little loveseat with a fold out bed in there. And we'll put a computer desk in there. Use the closet for a little extra storage. It'll be a nice guest room/office"

Yeah right.

Our 2nd bedroom looks like a bomb went off in it. And when the bomb exploded gear and coats and random work out stuff and papers and bags of scarves flew everywhere. The first week we lived here I tried really hard to get it cleaned out and organzined, but gave up eventually. I just keep the door shut and pretend there's nothing behind it. But today. Today was different. I took a deep breath, opened the door, and dove in. (Literally. There's so much stuff in there it was really like diving into a pool. A pool of really random stuff)

I'd like to say that I pulled off a miracle and now the 2nd bedroom looks like the actual guest room/office we originally envisioned. But, sadly, there was no miracle. BUT, I did do a little organizing, wading through the various bits of Marine gear and heaving it all into somewhat manageable piles. You can now walk in the room, but you cannot relax in there on the loveseat. Or sit at the desk and use the computer. Its a step forward though.

So I'm setting this goal now. Before September 30th that room will look the way we want it to. (And I just made my husband 'pinky promise' to that goal) Slowly, but surely, we will do it.

Right now though, I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine and watch a little tv with my husband. Happy Monday :)

2 comments: