Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Cleaning!

Finally gave myself the kick in the butt that I needed yesterday and got started on my spring cleaning checklist :) Kitchen was up first since I knew it would take a lot of work to empty out, clean, and put back.

Before I go into that, I want to brag a little about the homeade cleaners I've been making lately! So far I've made

-General surface cleaner (I made the fist option on this list)
-Powdered laundry detergent
-Tub & Shower cleaner
-Baby wipes solution (I made the 'basic wipe solution')




My review? They're all AWESOME!!

Ok so now onto my kitchen. I emptied it COMPLETELY! All drawers, cabinets, and countertops totally empty.






Gathered my supplies...


Baking soda and vinegar are the BEST cleaners! Seriously! And I had my homeade surface cleaner as well :) The chair is because I'm such a shorty and need it to reach the top shelf of the cabinets.

Don't forget the entertainment (I clean better with background noise!)


Then I got to work! Started at the top and worked my way down. I pretty much just scrubbed everything with my surface cleaner. I used vinegar to clean out my dishwasher, and baking soda to scrub my stove and shine my sink.



Look how shiny everything looked when I was done! It smelled kind of vinegar-y so I lit a yummy smelling candle :)



Then everything needed to be put back (lucky for me, James was home at this point to help! Much appreciated because by now I was exhausted!)



I love a neat sink :) I used an old applesauce jar to hold scrubby brushes...


I'm so happy with how it all turned out :)

Today hopefully Sam takes a good afternoon nap and I tackle the laundry room, guest bathroom, and hall desk. Pray for me because our hall desk is a disaster area!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. 1. i absolutly LOVE your kitchen!
    2. i wish i had your motivation to clean my kitchen like that!
    was it easy to make all of the cleaning supplies? i've always wanted to do that but i've been pretty nervous about making my own!
    where are you and your hubby stationed?!

    ReplyDelete