Thursday, August 25, 2011

30 Day Shred!

So now that we're home from visiting family, it's time for me to crack down on toning myself back up. Back when I was pregnant I bought Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and this past Tuesday I opened it up and got started! I'm hoping to blog my way through it. I will have to take a few days off when we go camping for Labor Day, but what's a couple of days? ;)

Day 1: Holy moly. Who knew a 20 minute workout would be that difficult? I really felt how out of shape I've gotten! I made it through even though, I'm not going to lie, I was getting pretty pissed at little Miss Jillian Michaels by the end! While doing lunges with bicep curls she says, "You might think, 'Can't I just do bicep curls?' NO YOU CANNOT!" I guess if you need someone to whip your butt into shape... she's your girl!

Day 2: Knowing what to expect... did that make it easier or harder? Hmmm... how about both? It was nice knowing what was coming, and knowing how close I was to the end... but it also kinda sucked as I got tired and remembered what was to come. Felt a bit sore from day 1, but nothing unmanageable.

Day 3: Woke up unable to fully straighten my arms. No joke! So sore! I remember starting a ballet season... day 3 is ALWAYS the worst! So, knowing that, I'm hoping to start feeling better from here on out. I didn't get to do the entire workout today though, Sam had other plans. Today he seemed to feel his long morning nap was not necessary. He is currently taking that long nap now... (which, by the way, makes me nervous because I don't usually like him to take long naps in the afternoon/evening in case it screws up his nighttime sleep. But the poor little guy was so sleepy... so why torture him?) I got at least half the workout completed though, so better than nothing. I can already feel a difference in my stomach! Which is, of course, the area I was most interested in toning up. Feeling a difference on day 3 is very encouraging to me! :)

Well I hear my little man starting to wake up, so I'm going to feed him while watching The Weather Channel (Looks like Hurricane Irene is coming straight for us! *gulp* I hate storms!)





*Week 1*


No comments:

Post a Comment