Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So I guess I'm a blogger now...

Well. Here I am. Blogging. I've always enjoyed reading other people's blogs, and always said "Hey someday maybe I'll make one of those things." I guess someday is today.

Today is our 2 month wedding anniversary. Which I actually didn't realize until like an hour ago. James and I are not the kind of couple that celebrates every little anniversary. Just the big ones. Although we actually never spent any anniversaries together while we were dating... oh the joys of a long distance relationship! So I guess we've actually never celebrated an anniversary. But still, we're not one of those couples that have little parties for small anniversaries. However, I am one of those girls that knows when all of these small anniversaries are. So I am surprised that I only realized it was our 2 months just a little while ago. But oh well. We wouldn't have been able to celebrate even if we did do that kind of thing. I sent James, of bed almost 3 hours ago with a huge bottle of Gatorade and a couple Tylenol Cold PM (or something like that). I felt his forehead, took his temperature, rubbed his back, and made sure he had enough blankets. Felt more like a mom than a wife tonight.

It was actually sort of a rough evening tonight. I was strangely tired and dinner wasn't cooperating. (Doubled my meatloaf recipe because James likes it so much and wanted to eat it for lunch the rest of the week) but had trouble adjusting the cook time for the larger meatloaf. The stinkin oven (we've only lived in this apartment for a month and I hate the oven with a PASSION already) runs really hot and I have to adjust all my cook times anyway, double recipe or not. So anyway that was frustrating me and I was feeling sorry for James who was half asleep on the couch (and ended up not eating anyway) and I just cried. I honestly have no idea why. And you know what? Its kind of embarssing for your feverish husband to ask "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" and all you can say is "I don't know." Me being overtired is never a good thing. And James had to stay at work overnight last night, which meant that I barely slept. Anyway, moral of the story: I hate my oven, I need an adequate amount of sleep tonight, and... oh yeah! I hate my oven!

So basically at this point I'm thinking that my blog posts are just going to be ramblings about my life. Maybe somewhere between the ramblings I'll post some recipes and whatnot. But anyway, I think I've rambled myself out for the night. Remember my moral of the story? The part about adequate sleep? I'm going to go get some of that now...

No comments:

Post a Comment