Friday, July 30, 2010

Slight case of exhaustion...

So last night our smoke detector decided it would be a good idea to go off periodically between 0300 and 0400. There was CLEARLY no fire. But of course, paranoid me, I couldn't go back to sleep each time we (thought) we quieted it. I was convinced that it was picking up carbon monoxide in the air and we were going to die in our bed. My ever loving husband got online at 0400 and searched the product number of the smoke detector to make sure it wasn't also a carbon monoxide detector. Eventually it was disabled and we were able to sleep a little.

I followed up that eventful night/early morning, with an eventful day. My first stop was the apartment office to file a complaint about the smoke detector. Then it was off to my Pilates class at the fitness center at Tarawa Terrace. (By the way, I had been going to the gym at Camp Geiger and was always the only female there. Its a bit intimidating to go grab my little 10 pound weights in the midst of a bunch of buff Marines pumping some serious iron. The TT gym is much more female friendly...) So ANYWAY, I went to Pilates class. And the substitute teacher turned out to be a fellow ballet dancer. It was nice to get in contact with someone who understands the transision from ballet 24/7 to Marine wifery. After Pilates, I picked up some sandwiches from Subway and met James on base for lunch. We ate on a picnic table outside the library and it was so nice. :) We try to have lunch together at least once a week. Its really nice to see each other during the day for a little while. After lunch I ran into the commissary to grab just one thing. Oooooooh how I hate the commissary on pay day... luckily I was able to use the self-checkout and get out of there pretty painlessly. I was not so lucky on my next stop... the bank... on pay day. 45 minutes later... I was on my way home. Its so hard to do ANYTHING here on payday because everyone and their mother is out spending that money. But I'm part of everybody and their mother who runs their errands on or very close to payday, so I guess I really shouldn't complain. Since I myself am part of the problem. Well, after all that I went home to a pile of sicky laundry that needed to be done. Now that James is better his fever-y germs are all over the sheets and towels so they all needed to be washed. Our bathroom was a mess, the kitchen was a disaster, and the carpet needed to be vacuumed pretty badly. So once that was all done, James was home from work. And so now here we are, relaxing in the beautifully clean house, with the whole weekend ahead of us.

Is a rundown of my life day to day a really lame blog post? I don't really know what else to write. But I guess I did start this blog to document my new life here. And that is what I'm doing. Boring as it may be. To me its really not that boring though, I can see how maybe it might get boring though. But for now its interesting to me because its new. I get ridiculously proud of myself when I accomplish all these things out and about, just because I'm starting to know my way around. I get especially proud when I accomplish things on base. I love knowing my way around base, it really makes me feel like I'm doing this whole Marine wife thing right. As cheesy as that may sound. But you know, I'm pretty cheesy...

Well on that note... (cheesy)... we're going to order a pizza for dinner and watch a movie. As tired as I am right now, I'm feeling incredibly accomplished today. And that's a good feeling to start the weekend with!

No comments:

Post a Comment