Monday, September 23, 2013

Oh yeah... I have a blog...

Sooooo... over a year later, and here I am again ;) Not going to waste time with excuses, but let's just go ahead and try this again!

In my last post, James had just had a deployment cancelled, Sam was a new walker, I was in the midst of p90x and considering starting to run. James has been home with us this entire year (except for some field ops  of course and a few weeks training out of state).and we realize what an incredible blessing this is for a military family! Sam is over 2 years old now, and I WISH he would just walk ;) He's into trains, trucks, cars, anything with wheels really. He has been potty trained for over 2 months now, and sleeping in a 'big boy bed' for over 3! I completed p90x and did eventually start running! I ran my first 5k in October of last year, and after that I was HOOKED! I went on to run my first half marathon in December of last year. Shortly after finding out I was pregnant with our 2nd baby.

Yes! We are now a family of 4! We welcomed our little girl, Katherine (Kate!) into the world 4 weeks and 6 days ago. I'm planning for her birth story to be my next blog post. It was wonderful and my recovery has been incredibly smooth!

Adjusting to life as a mama of 2 has been just that, an adjustment. Sam is doing much better with being a big brother than we originally anticipated. There have been some rough spots of course, but for the most part he's doing pretty well!

As for me, it's definitely difficult, but I honestly (and forgive me for being incredibly cheesy here for a moment) feel like this is what I was MADE to do. I loved being just Sam's mama, and I do miss all the one-on-one time that we used to be able to have, but having more than 1 little person to care for just feels so... right! I believe that God has a purpose for everybody, and I think my purpose is to be a mother. I never felt it so strongly as I did the first day I was home alone with both kids and was getting them dressed to head out the door. They were both fussing at me, I could feel myself starting to sweat through my shirt, it was only 9am and I already felt completely and utterly exhausted, and yet I couldn't help but think, "THIS. This is what I was made to do!".

It's obviously not all rainbows and butterflies. I lose my patience. I yell at Sam when he probably doesn't deserve it. I cry. I lock myself in the bathroom for a minute or two. I start stuffing my face with chocolate the second I manage to get both of them to sleep at the same time. But in the midst of it all, I feel like I've found my purpose. Found where I fit in this world.

Before I actually started this post, I was enjoying reading all my old posts. Particularly the ones about little baby Sam! Time goes by so quickly, and it's way too easy to forget the little things. So, hopefully I can mark this down as my return to the blogging world. If only so that I have it to look back on years from now.

2 comments:

  1. This made me cry Sass!! You are an awesome mom and anyone who knows you, truly knows that this is your calling. I love you!

    ReplyDelete