Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sleep Update

I feel like if I don't post this here, I'm going to forget how each day goes. And maybe I'll feel like we're making progress when I can see it written out in front of me. (Plus I feel like I can't quit because I made my intentions 'public', if I just write it out in any old notebook it's awfully easy to just 'lose' said notebook... it's happened before!)

I never got to finish saying how day 1 went, so we'll start there.

Day 1:

Nap 1- fell asleep on his own in his crib. Woke after 45 minutes, would not go back to sleep until I put him in his swing. Finished off his nap there.

Nap 2- refused to sleep at all in his crib. Took a 2 hour nap in his swing

So Day 1 wasn't so great.... but I was optimistic!

Day 2:

Nap 1- fell asleep in his crib, woke after 45 minutes, ended up in swing.

Nap 2- fell asleep in his crib, slept for 2 hours!!

Day 2, MUCH BETTER!

Day 3:

Nap 1- same ole story... crib for 45 minutes, then swing

Nap 2- same thing again... crib 45, swing for the rest

Better than day 1, not as good as day 2.



If I could only get him past that yucky 45 minute mark consistently. Hmmm... may need to do a little reading. Perhaps when he gets moved to his swing and falls asleep I should go in and turn the swing off, so that he gets more used to sleeping without moving? I think I'll try that tomorrow. I just need to have faith that we will get there!!


So what else is going on in our lives right now? It can't all be sleep right? (Oh I just imagined a day of only sleep and nothing else... wouldn't that be heavenly right now!) Anyway... we're going to be pretty busy in the upcoming weeks! Tomorrow Sam and I are attending our first La Leche League Meeting. I'm excited to meet some more nursing mommies!! This weekend we're having family photos taken on the beach, which I am SUPER excited about! Next week I'll be attending colorguard tryouts at a local high school since I've been hired as their winterguard dance choreographer/instructor/coach-type person :) Excited to get back into something somewhat dance related! Then we'll be heading to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. Saturday is the Marine Corps Birthday Ball and Sunday we're doing some outlet shopping :) After that we'll hopefully have some days to unwind a bit, then James will be in the field for a few days, and then... TADA Thanksgiving!

Can I just say how incredibly INCREDIBLY excited I am for the holiday season this year?! Oh my goodness I can hardly contain myself!! I always love the holidays, but last year I was feeling a bit too miserable and newly pregnant to really enjoy them. They were still very nice, but not the best. This year, I have an appetite, I have energy, and I have an adorable little boy to introduce to all the magic that is the holiday season! I'm so excited for his first Christmas! Last year I laid on the couch for 3 days staring at a pile of Christmas ornaments before making a half hearted attempt at decorating the house, in between throwing up because, as it turned out, our holiday themed candles smelled nauseating to me! This year I'm ITCHING to dig out those decorations and make our home look aboslutely magical :) I've already started some Christmas shopping for Sam and for James, I'm just too excited!! :)

I'll end with a few pictures before going to wake up my little stinker so he can nurse :)








No comments:

Post a Comment